We are excited to welcome you back to VCC in-person worship services!
The following information outlines our reopening plans. These plans have been designed to include information from the CDC, Los Angeles County, insurance, and legal consultation. Prayer considerations have been made that prioritize the health and safety of everyone who assist with and attend our church services. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any VCC staff member.
What you can expect
- We will begin our in-person worship services on Sundays only for now at 10:00 a.m. The sanctuary and restrooms are clean and sanitized upon entry for worship service on Sundays.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available both outside and inside the sanctuary.
- Seats will be spaced to allow for 6-feet physical distancing between families and individuals.
- No refreshments will be available at this time.
- Children’s Church will not be available at this time. Children will be seated in the sanctuary with their families. Recorded online options will be made available for our children very soon. In the meantime, please consider some of the wonderful video offerings especially for children on RightNow Media.
- Occupancy is limited to 100 people or less.
- Although we encourage online and Givelify giving, non-contact drop-in offering stations will be available near the rear of the sanctuary.
- On Communion Sunday, individually contained elements will be spaced on a table at the rear of the sanctuary for your pickup on the way to your seat upon arrival. Non-contact containers will be available at the end of each aisle for disposal.
- If you do not have a face mask or desire gloves, both will be available to you. For the health and safety of everyone, face masks will be required. A waste container outside of the exit will be available for masks and gloves as you leave. It is recommended that children age 2 and under not be required to wear a face mask.
- Ushers and greeters will be available to assist you as needed and will be wearing masks and gloves for your health and safety.
- If your immune system is compromised or you are diabetic, have heart or lung issues, or have any underlying health concern, please join us on Facebook Live for our worship services.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, please remain at home and join us on Facebook Live for our worship services.
- Please wear your mask and practice physical distancing throughout the entirety of the worship services.
- Be sure to wash your hands if you use the restroom.
- Please follow the instructions of the ushers and greeters who are monitoring the traffic flow in ways that maximize everyone’s safety and health.
- Let joy and faith prevail!
Entrance & Social Distancing
- Plan to arrive about 15 minutes early for a timely check-in. Upon arrival, temperatures will be taken with a non-contact thermometer, and all congregants will be asked the following questions.
- Are you currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have you been exposed to COVID-19?
- Have you experienced a fever or flu-like symptoms within the past 48 hours?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are still awaiting results?
- Are you currently under advised quarantine?
- If the answer to any question above is “yes” and/or temperatures exceed 100 degrees, entrance will not be possible. You may join us on Facebook Live for the worship service.
- Ushers will be actively assisting the congregation in physical distancing when entering the sanctuary, being seated, and exiting the sanctuary. All interactions will be non-contact.
- Once you have been seated, please limit your movements to accommodate seating and physical distancing. Upon dismissal, please wait for ushers to address your row for exiting the sanctuary.
- Aisles will be wider and seats will be placed further apart in order to accommodate physical distancing. Families will be seated together, and individuals will be spaced at least six feet apart.
- The appeal for prayer following the sermon will not take place for now. You are encouraged to email or call in your prayer requests.
“A Seat at His Table”
- We are requesting that you let us know you’ll be attending worship service. This will inform our set-up in anticipation of your arrival and allow us to have
a count of those attending.
- To RSVP please visit ValenciaChristianCenter.org/RSVP.
- You may also call or email, and “A Seat at His Table” will be ready upon your arrival.
Please note that participating in praise and worship is welcomed if you are wearing a face mask and maintaining physical distance.
Again, welcome back!